Sunday, November 30, 2008
We must consume mass quantities of bottles.....
The other day my husband saw the baby in his hat and he picked him up and said We must consume mass quantities of bottles.....in the same voice that Dan Ackyroid said in the movie Cone Heads...... well I just thought it was so funny I made a page. Colby didn't think it was so funny taking the pic and wouldn't smile. I used the cricut for the star, the space ship, the bottle border, flame. The paper is scenic route metropolis, and doodlebug sugar coated. Hambly overlay. The aliens are Quickutz and the arrows are cuttlebug.
Here are the baby Thank You cards I made for the gifts Dusty Received. I just Loved them. I had to make six so I could be a little more special. I put a poem inside about how special his gift is. PLEASE SEE CLOSE UPS thx.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Wanted to make the last post of our Halloween fun..........the jack-o-lantern I carved for Cooper....the haunted house I made with boys and the t-shirt I made for Crystal using the Cricut and black fabric and wonderunder. The t-shirt was quick and easy thanks to the cricut! Oh and an update on Dusty.......smiling! Hugs, Dawn
Saturday, November 1, 2008
HERE IS A CAKE I MADE FOR THE ANNUAL FALL CHURCH CAKE WALK. IT WAS THE FIRST ONE TO BE PICKED BY THE FIRST WINNER....MY CHILDREN TOOK ONE CAKE AND PLAYED SEVERAL TIMES AND WE CAME HOME WITH THREE WONDERFUL CAKES....WHAT A VERY EXCITING FUN NIGHT......AND YOU KNOW EVERYONE WAS SAYING YOU CAN FREEZE THEM. I DID NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING...THEY WERE GONE BY WEDNESDAY. ONE WAS A FOUR LAYER CHOC. CAKE, YUMMY! THE OTHER ONE WAS A CUPCAKE CAKE, AND THE LAST ONE WAS A DEVILS FOOD CHOC. WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING.....WAY TO GO BOYS!!!!!!!!! HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!!!!!!! :)
This lo was completed for the October Scrappack challenge where the host sends certain items and you must use to create the lo, using only paper, pictures, journaling, paint, ink, and chalk. No glitter or diamond glaze.
1. 1 yard of gold wire- all used to make the ting ting in the poinsettia flower and the garland. used a pencil to twist.
2. 8" guaze- all used to make the pine cones in the garland. I cut then dipped in brown paint and formed.
3. 4 fall leaves- painted red and placed together to make the poinsettia flower.
4. Natural raffia- all used to make the garland, i tied together and then painted green then shaped into garland shape.
5. 8x10 green corduroy -used to make title Christmas cuties and leaves for poinsettia and as ribbon in the two packages in left corner.
6. 4 wiggle eyes- painted yellow for the centers of the poinsettia flower.
7. 2 white pipe cleaners- used as large ting ting with poinsettia. curled on a glitter bottle.
8. brown paper lunch bag- used to make wrapping over two puzzle pieces to look like packages.in left corner.
9. vellum- used to make lace at bottom of pic, and to make the three poinsettia flowers on right side.
10. stick chalk- cut into pieces then sanded to make flower centers in tiny poinsettia vellum flowers. You know they look like altoids and I just kept thinking I would like one....lol!
11. 1 yard of twine- I dipped in white paint hung to dry then used to make flourish on right side.
12. 4 puzzle pieces- two were used as pop dots to pop the layers of the poinsettia flower to make in pop off, then the other two were wrapped inside the the brown paper bag to make the packages. The tags on the packages are my two boys names pic taken in 2006. TFL!!!!!