Saturday, November 1, 2008
HERE IS A CAKE I MADE FOR THE ANNUAL FALL CHURCH CAKE WALK. IT WAS THE FIRST ONE TO BE PICKED BY THE FIRST WINNER....MY CHILDREN TOOK ONE CAKE AND PLAYED SEVERAL TIMES AND WE CAME HOME WITH THREE WONDERFUL CAKES....WHAT A VERY EXCITING FUN NIGHT......AND YOU KNOW EVERYONE WAS SAYING YOU CAN FREEZE THEM. I DID NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING...THEY WERE GONE BY WEDNESDAY. ONE WAS A FOUR LAYER CHOC. CAKE, YUMMY! THE OTHER ONE WAS A CUPCAKE CAKE, AND THE LAST ONE WAS A DEVILS FOOD CHOC. WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING.....WAY TO GO BOYS!!!!!!!!! HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!!!!!!! :)
This lo was completed for the October Scrappack challenge where the host sends certain items and you must use to create the lo, using only paper, pictures, journaling, paint, ink, and chalk. No glitter or diamond glaze.
1. 1 yard of gold wire- all used to make the ting ting in the poinsettia flower and the garland. used a pencil to twist.
2. 8" guaze- all used to make the pine cones in the garland. I cut then dipped in brown paint and formed.
3. 4 fall leaves- painted red and placed together to make the poinsettia flower.
4. Natural raffia- all used to make the garland, i tied together and then painted green then shaped into garland shape.
5. 8x10 green corduroy -used to make title Christmas cuties and leaves for poinsettia and as ribbon in the two packages in left corner.
6. 4 wiggle eyes- painted yellow for the centers of the poinsettia flower.
7. 2 white pipe cleaners- used as large ting ting with poinsettia. curled on a glitter bottle.
8. brown paper lunch bag- used to make wrapping over two puzzle pieces to look like packages.in left corner.
9. vellum- used to make lace at bottom of pic, and to make the three poinsettia flowers on right side.
10. stick chalk- cut into pieces then sanded to make flower centers in tiny poinsettia vellum flowers. You know they look like altoids and I just kept thinking I would like one....lol!
11. 1 yard of twine- I dipped in white paint hung to dry then used to make flourish on right side.
12. 4 puzzle pieces- two were used as pop dots to pop the layers of the poinsettia flower to make in pop off, then the other two were wrapped inside the the brown paper bag to make the packages. The tags on the packages are my two boys names pic taken in 2006. TFL!!!!!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Here is an ornament I did using the George cart.for the BBTB Contest. The cut was at 2 1/2 cutting eight circles then I used my scor-it and scored a triangle 1/4 in ward to circle so I could glue together. I used the sassafras lass starry night pp. The snow flake is from Joys of the Season snowflake 2 cut at 1 1/2 on the shadow to make it thicker using doodlebug sugar coated cardstock. Rhinestones and beads. White feathers and brown cats eye ink. There is a small amount of potpourri inside. I love how it turned out, but I had a time getting a good pic this late at night.. TFL!! Hugs, D