Monday, January 25, 2010
GROW Altered Wall Hanging
Hello all, I hope this Monday has been a beautiful day for you and yours. I have been wanting to post this for about two weeks now. It is an altered wall hanging using a canvas turned around backwards like a shadow box. I painted the inside and the frame using acrylic paints. Then I added Webster's pp Nature's StoryBook:Grow Dreams. Using Tattered Angels glimmer mist sprayed on pp using the dragonfly screen and the tree screen. The grow letters are Rusty Pickle...I tore the cardboard off and used Tim Holtz crackle paints and applied a thin coat to them, and some ink. The lace around the frame is Prima Elegant Lace. The bumble bee, the dragonfly and two flowers on the alphas are SpellBinder's using the Wizard die cutting system, the dragonfly has a coat of Alcohol inks, the bumble bee is cut from Cosmo Cricket pp and inked. The blue flower is cut from handmade paper that me and the boys made one day..what a blast and they still will bring it up whenever I use it in a project. The pot is made using a crackle paint chip from the hardware store, using the SpellBinder's diecut.
The flowers on the outside of the frame are made using the SpellBinder's Sunflower die cut I cut the flower out then folded it into 1/8ths using the Tim Holtz tiny attacher (love this) stapled it on one side then attached to the homemade floral wire (I used to teach flower arranging for our local community college many many years ago) Yes I still have all my stuff....I know I get fussed at, about it all the time. Sprayed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist and wallah.....a flower vine. The leaves are SpellBinder's too. TFL!!! Thanks and Have a WONDERFUL afternoon. Dawn